Welcome to Ivy Hall Fencing!
We will begin our Introduction to Fencing After School Course on
Wednesday, October 18th
at Utah Valley Sport Fencing (728 South State Street, Orem, UT 84058).
Course Fee: $75.00 for 8 weeks all equipment provided.
The class is taught by nationally accomplished athletes (Bethany Andrews, Julie Seal and Rebecca Dorff) and will run from October 18th to December 18th for a total of 8 weeks. We will not hold class the week of Thanksgiving. Equipment for the class is provided by Utah Valley Sport Fencing. Students should be sure to wear socks and tennis shoes for safety!
Following the conclusion of our introductory course, we will conduct "try outs" for those who wish to compete on the Ivy Hall Fencing Team which will participate in the Utah Youth Fencing League (Utah and Southern Idaho).
This will be Ivy Hall's 7th year of Youth League participation and we hope to once again be very successful!
Former Eagle Stars:
Chris Mansfield 2005 U.S. Gold Medal Men's Foil (Division 2)
Breden Eyre 2006 U.S. Silver Medal Men's Saber Team (Open)
Isa Heckert 2006 Utah Youth League Individual Gold Medal (Y12 Women)
Alex Llewelyn 2006 UVSF Travel Team and UYFL Allstar Team
Zack Heckert 2005 Utah Youth League Gold Medalist (Y14)
Jordan Foutin 2004 Utah Youth League Gold Medalist (Y14)
*If you would like to purchase a sword for your child (strongly recommended) please obtain an equipment order form from your instructor. Swords are competition ready and will function with electronic scoring systems at Utah Valley Sport Fencing. Please make payments to UVSF for $60.00.
Your Team membership
- Practices will be every Wednesday from 3:30pm to 4:15pm at Ivy Hall. Athletes must wear gym shoes, gym pants or fencing pants and a T-shirt.
- Utah Valley Sport Fencing is not responsible for reimbursing athletes who miss practices or lessons.
- Utah Valley Sport Fencing will apply legal means to recover fees owed for classes or equipment.
- Utah Valley Sport Fencing may apply fees associated with the collection of unpaid balances toward the customer account.
- Parents and families are invited to observe practice from designated observation areas (TBA). Parents and families are not permitted to participate in fencing activities or instruction except when designated by UVSF staff.
- Small children who are not members of the fencing team should not be left in the care of coaching staff. Parents must not leave non-athlete children unattended. Utah Valley Sport Fencing may refuse or revoke team membership for non-compliance to UVSF administrative policies.
- Team members may enjoy one complementary practice per week (a regular $65.00/month value) at Utah Valley Sport Fencing center on 728 South State Street in Orem. Team members are required to own a personal competition sword to attend this practice. Team members may attend on either Tuesday or Thursday from 4:30-5:30pm.
- Team members are expected to follow the instructions of the coaching staff. Athletes who do not respect Ivy Hall Fencing Staff or Utah Valley Sport Fencing staff are subject to dismissal.
- Coaching staff will not stay longer than practice times. Parents are requested to arrange to pick up athletes promptly following practice.
- Additional information may be requested from Utah Valley Sport Fencing (801) 765-1603 or from the designated Parent Leader.
- Some practices may conflict with team competitions. Team competitions will take precedence over regular practice.
- You can access information on practices, policies, instructors and more by visiting www.utahfencing.org/ivyhall